ESTONIAN CUP (EC) 2017
ESTONIAN CYCLING MARATHON SERIES
Children’s race regulations
- Participation of Estonian Cup (EC) Children’s races are free for all the children.
- Registration is required in order to participate in Children’s races.
- Registration is open on the day of race in the start area.
- Children’s race numbers are handed out in the start area. Seasonal numbers are used, please do keep it for the following same year events in the series
- Registration ends 15 minutes before Children’s race start.
- Start times for Children’s races are published in specific event Children’s race regulations.
2. Safety and responsibility
- Parent or caretaker is responsible for the child taking part in children’s race.
- Wearing a helmet is compulsory!
3. Age categories
- Children born 2003 and younger can participate in Children’s race.
- Tiny race: for 6 year old girls and boys (born 2009 and younger)
- Children’s race for girls: W8 (2009-2010), W10 (2007-2008), W12 (2005-2006)
- Children’s race for boys: M8 (2009-2010), M10 (2007-2008), M12 (2005-2006)
4. Timetable, scorekeeping, awarding
- Children’s race start according to specific event Children’s race regulations.
- First start is given to tiny racers, then M12/N12, after that M10/N10 and finally M8/N8
- In tiny race there will be no timekeeping and results are not marked.
- In children’s race there is timekeeping and standings.
- Children’s race and tiny race distances are decided by the organizer according to local possibilities.
- Every participator either in children’s race or tiny race receives a diploma and souvenirs.
5. Children’s race series
- Age categories W12 and M12 will have scorekeeping.
- Series winner is calculated by adding 5 best event points.
- At each event the points are given as follows:
1. place – 100 points
2. place – 97 points
3. place – 95 points
4. place – 94 points, every sequent place gets 1 point less
- Series overall standings three best places in both categories are awarded.
- In tiny race, W8, M8, W10 and M10 age categories every child gets 1 point for finishing an event.
- Every child who participates at least in 5 events and gets at least 5 points receive an award.